The syntax teachers at this year’s EGG will be (all for both weeks):
- James Griffiths (Konstanz)
- Petra Mišmaš (Nova Gorica)
- two more TBD
And the semantics teachers:
- Jeremy Kuhn (CNRS/IJN Paris, 2 weeks)
- Viola Schmitt (HU Berlin, 1 week)
- Stephanie Solt (ZAS Berlin, 2 weeks)
- Marcin Wągiel (Brno/Wrocław, 1 week)
- one more TBD
Stay tuned for more!
The phonology bit of the EGG is thematic this year, around Substance-Free Phonology: what is it, how does it work, what are its consequences (e.g. regarding naturality, markedness, arbitrariness), what kind of things are present at birth, what are the different versions of SFP, by which properties are they different?
The following teachers will address these issues:
- Silke Hamann (U Amsterdam) – one class in week 2
- Alex Chabot (Maryland) – two classes, week 1+2
- Veno Volenec (Concordia) – two classes, week 1+2
- Pavel Iosad (Edinburgh) – one class, week 1
- Ollie Sayeed (Pennsylvania) – one class, week 1
P. Iosad’s class will be online (Pavel can’t make it to Brno), all others in person.
Stay tuned for class titles and abstracts…
The EGG 2022 will be in person and in the lovely Moravian city of Brno (Czech Republic), from Monday July 25th to Friday August 5th.
Teachers and classes will drop in here… stay tuned.