The six phon-morph classes taught by Nicola Lampitelli, Patrick Honeybone and Vladimir Kulikov are now settled. There is a disbalance between week 1 and week 2, five of the six classes being taught in week one. Here’s the list:
1. Lampitelli – Intro to Interface theories (phonology – morpho-syntax) (week 1)
2. Honeybone – Intro to Historical Phonology (week 1)
3. Intro to experimentally-based phonological evidence (week 2)
1. Lampitelli – Phonological decomposition of inflectional markers: pardigms vs. allomorphy (week 1)
2. Honeybone – Does word frequency affect phonology? Reasons to be cautious (weel 1)
3. Voicing assimilation and its relevance for the Dresher-Reiss debate on the role (or existence) of contrast in phonology (week 1)
Abstracts are following… stay tuned.
Registation is open now (till June 1). Use this link! The non-reduced fee is 150 euros and the reduced fee is 100 euros. This includes accommodation during the entire school.
Spread the word …
And here are the names of the syntax and semantics teachers. Welcome! Very happy to have you all on board.
John Bailyn (Stony Brook)
Hagit Borer (QMUL)
Caterina Donati (Paris 7)
Patrick Elliott (Leibniz-ZAS)
Andy Murphy (Leipzig)
Bjorn Lundquist (Tromso)
Daniele Panizza (Göttingen)
Gillian Ramchand (Tromso)
Yasu Sudo (UCL)
Sarah Zobel (Tübingen)
Stay tuned for the registration information
Registration is approaching… Here are three phonology teachers (doing also some morphology):
Patrick Honeybone (University of Edinburgh)
Vladimir Kulikov (Qatar University)
Nicola Lampitelli (Université de Tours)
We are working on one more phono teacher… Course titles and abstracts come in soon.